Monday, June 18, 2007

I thought it was time ..........

Yesturday morning the Dueck clan, Justin and I headed to Winnipeg around 6:15 to watch and participate in the Manitoba Marathon. It was rough gettting up that early since I had only fallen asleep around 1:30 and was up already at 5:30 to start my day! Jared, Shannon, Tyler, Greg, and Justin were all a part of a relay team together. Greg ran their first leg of the relay and then continued on running doing the full marathon! We arrived at Jared's station and the adventure began! Tracy and I got to see all the relay exchanges and this time we made it to the stadium on time to see the finish! Shortly after we arrived at the stadium, Greg came running in ....... he got THIRD place!!!! I could never imagine running 26 miles AND getting in third place doing it! He did an amazing job!!! Congratulations Greg!! A little while later Tyler came across the finish, completing the relay for the team. According to the Winnipeg Free Press they were ranked as being in 6th place! All the guys did such a great job running! Maybe you'll see me out there next year ......... ummmmm YEAH RIGHT!

Below are some pics of the marathon:


Greg handing off to Jared at the first relay exchange




Jared exhausted after finishing his leg of the race



......... Greg still running


Shannon handing off to Justin at the third relay exchange


Tyler on his way finishing up the last leg!

Hope you enjoyed!! Who knows when the next post will be!!!

5 comments:

Raquel said...

oh the forgotten blog....I have neglected mine for a least a month or two now. It's just so hard havinf facebook and blogger. Seeing as facebook is WAY more convienent for uploading pictures....

Unknown said...

I could neveer run that far either, my friend ran the half marathon. Congrats to anyone who can do it. It was nice to read an updated blog!

Trev and Rebekah said...

What no recent update about the new job? I'm happy for ya!

Kelsey Loewen said...

cmon jill.....let's up the ante here on updating the blog

Kelsey Loewen said...

oooooook.......you have PLENTY of exciting things to talk about on here. like...a new little niece to rave about? hmmmm? cmon now! Don't give up on blogger! Facebook is a faze...it will end eventually...blogger will never die. That's my schpeel for you!
Don't take it too seriously. ;)