Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Last weekend was a VERY long weekend for me! On Thursday I only worked until 10 am since I had no work to do and because the weather was so bad. (and that was my last day of work)

I had taken Friday off since I had a foot appointment in the city. Jared willingly let me come along with him since he was going to school anyway. The roads were HORRIBLE!!!! Never been on more icy roads in my life!! Everyone was basically fish tailing. My appointment was for 1pm and he dropped me off at around 12 since he had to be back at the U of M by 12:30. I went up to the office to see if I could get it done right away and I could! It took about 10 minutes and then I had to wait around until 3pm until Jared was done his classes! It felt like forever!! I brought quite a boring book along and I read in the lobby for about an hour and a half and then I headed over to Timmy's which was right across the parking lot and read there for about another 1 1/2!! Finally Jared showed up and off we went to eat supper! We ate around 4ish but we were SOOO hungry!! We of course headed to Applebees! Jared and Darcy arranged for us couples to meet at Silver City for 7ish to watch a movie. We watched "Wild Hogs". Very good movie I must say!! Quite funny! We were all satisfied with the selection! Later we went to Timmy's and spent almost an hour there. So all together on Friday I spent about 2 1/2 hours at Timmy's!! It's a good place! But never again!

I also just started my new job this past Monday.... the first day I can honestly say I went home with a major headache! Information overload!!! I have been there 3 days now and each day seems to be getting better! I think I also wasn't used to being at work for 8 1/2 hours straight!! I have always gone home for lunch for my 1 hour break. I can't wait until I totally feel comfortable with what I have to do!

2 comments:

Trev and Rebekah said...

Jill, I am glad it is you who is taking over my job. Just hope I can keep you busy enough. :0)

Raquel said...

Friday was a lot of fun! We love hanging out with you guys :) Glad to hear that your job is going good! Hopefully one of these Sundays it works out for us to watch Amazing Race agian...I have yet to start this season!!