Sunday, January 21, 2007

Curling in Sperling (thanks Todd)

Saturday evening our college and career group headed out to Sperling for a night of fun! I must say, I had never ever really been in the little town of Sperling before. When we arrrived at the arena, we all decided to partake in the game of curling. A lot of us had never really curled before, including me. It was interesting none the less. Raquel and I would both agree that we are amazing sweepers, right Raquel??? lol. I mean for a little part of the time we kept up with the rock, but a lot of the time we just couldn't run fast enough to get to it. We tried a new stategy since our first one obviously wasn't working. We tried stagering a bit. She went a little closer to the person throwing the rock while I went quite a ways down in case it went past her, that way I would've been farther down to get it. Let's just say, somehow the rock still got away from us!! Anyways, it was a good experience and I am happy to say now that I have curled. I suck at it, but I have done it!!!
After our game of curling most of us headed onto the ice beside and started a game of hockey. All I can say is that those boys were sure skating circles around us girls. I am glad I can just stick to playing on a girls hockey team!
Later we went to Kevin and Becky's for a spread of different pies! It was delicious! We didn't play games like we normally do when we are there, but instead all lay around. I think we all had too much of a workout on the ice!







It may appear that we look like we know what we are doing!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Hi Jill --- about your comment on my blog - you are not a horrible aunt! Liam loves you and I often here him say "jill"!! Koen is getting big but he still has that great hair!! And Liam, wow, he is talking so much already. And he finally says my name! Have fun with the boys on Sunday.

Gina said...

one more thing... glad you had fun curling. I have curled since gr. 7 and love it!

Raquel said...

Curling was a blast!!! We acctually look like we know what we are doing in the last picture. I'm sure shorty after the picture was taken we lost the rock! it was fun none the less!!!