Saturday, February 17, 2007

Valentines / Birthday

Last night I took Jared out for his 20th birthday! I was a week late...... oh well!
First of all we headed down to the Olive Garden on Portage.... it was PACKED!!! We had to wait for 45 minutes!! When we finally got to sit down we enjoyed our salad, soup, and bread sticks. Jared ordered spaghetti and meatballs ................... HUGEST meatballs I have ever seen!!! Plain old me ordered a pepperoni pizza since I am not a fan of the place!

We managed then to make it to the Golf Dome at around 9:00. We hit the driving range for about 40 minutes only since it was $.40 per minute! I only swung and missed about 5 times so that was good!!! I am really really looking forward to golfing with Jared this summer!!! I have never ever been to a golf course so it should be interesting none the less.




We stopped at Tim Horton's on our way back home for some Ice Caps. In Jared's words ...."the worst Ice Cap I have ever had." Oh well, at least I enjoyed mine!!!

I had totally forgotten that I had a birthday present for him until he reminded me! lol. I had bought him a brown t-shirt from New Orleans.

We also gave eachother our Valentines Day gifts yesturday since we didn't have them ready on Wednesday!

Here is what we gave........


So it was Thursday afternoon and I stil had not figured out what to get for Jared. I was feeling a little stressed since I knew he was hard at work making something for me and I didn't want to show up on Friday with nothing!! So I searched around for a few ideas and the idea of making hard candy came to me! I got an old jam jar up and painted it with hearts. I thought the hard candy would go perfect in it!! So in the evening I started to attempt to make hard candy....... without a candy thermometer! BIG MISTAKE!!!! Friday morning I had checked on my creation and it still was not one bit hard!! Once again I was stressed out Friday morning at work. What in the world was I going to put in my painted jar that would still make it special??? I had to think hard since I had to have something by the evening!! Thankfully Tracy and I started emailing eachother that morning..... she had asked me about if I had found something to give to Jared yet. I told her about my idea and how everything turned into a disaster. She gave me the idea of trying again during my lunch hour and she would even lend me her candy thermometer! So I quickly rushed home for lunch break and started once again............ was I ever relieved!!!! I had 10 minutes until I had to be back at work and my candy was hard!!! It even tasted AMAZING!! I never got to eat lunch yesturday but it was sooo worth it! So I put my candy in my painted jar and went from there! Jared had told me that at first he was thinking to himself...... hmmm I guess she painted the jar... so I guess that is special. But when I had told him that I had made the candy himself he was MUCH more pleased and loved it!!! So thank you Tracy for making this all possible!!!! lol


This was Jared's creation................. message in a bottle!!! I was very impressed! He had gotton an old wine bottle, stuck a picture of us in it, filled it with rose petals and then stuck a rolled up note inside. He even burnt the edges of the paper to give it an old look!! Creative I tell you! I appreciate getting something like this instead of the typical roses given on Valentines. Don't get me wrong, I love getting roses, but this was a nice change in between, a lot more thought seems to go into something like this!

...And that concludes our date!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

9:34 am!, that seems early and i thought you were looking forward to sleeping in today lol. You must've just been too excited!

Jillayne said...

hmmmm... I wonder who could have said that... and by the way the time on this blog is SOOO totally out, I only posted today around 12 pm!!!